Click here to learn more about animal massage.
In this all day class you will learn:
- The difference between petting and massage
- The many physical, mental and emotional benefits of canine massage
- Precautions with canine massage
- How to use massage to relax your dog
- How to conduct a diagnostic massage
- 9 different massage techniques
- How to use a crystal massage wand
- What happens after a massage
- Some basic energy work techniques
- You will experience extensive hands on training
- You will practice massage first on humans to hone your techniques before you practice on a dog
- You can bring your well-mannered dog (calm; leash & potty trained)
- You will receive a manual
- You will earn your certificate upon successful completion of the day’s class
- No prior experience needed, just a love for dogs
- Be advised that a one day class is not considered a professional massage certification. It is a great opportunity for you to learn solid basics, more than most teach in one day (and even some techniques that are not often taught in pro programs.) You can then decide if you want to seek a professional canine massage certification program elsewhere.
After this class:
- You can experience a stronger bond and deeper connection with your dog
- You will know how to check your dog with a diagnostic massage
- You will know many techniques to calm and relax your dog
- You will know how you can best help your dog’s body to age gracefully
- You will know how you can help your dog recover from injuries
Class Dates: August 24th in Houston, TX; TBD in Livingston, MT
Class Locations: I-10/Hwy. 6 in Houston, TX; In Paradise Valley near Emigrant in Livingston, MT
Class Time: 9am-6pm
Class Cost: $197 or $102 now and $102 by class date. If you need a different payment plan, Contact Kim if you are interested.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the small size of the class, payment is refunded if cancellation is made 7 days or more from class date. Payment is forfeited if cancellation made less than 7 days from class date. There are no transfers.
The class I took from Kim was very easy to understand, fun, and packed with knowledge! She really knows her “stuff”! I am a licensed massage therapist. Before I got into massage I was in the animal care field for years. After getting my massage license, I have naturally gravitated toward massaging animals! I found out about Kim’s class and jumped on the opportunity! I am glad I did! I highly recommend her to anyone interested in learning this valuable art! Jennifer, LMT, USA
I had a class with Kim on canine massage. It was a great experience. What made this great was that Kim reviewed fundamentals with me, then she showed me how each technique felt on my arm or back. She made sure I understood by letting me do the techniques, first on her, and then on her dog. By the time I performed massage on my dog, I had great confidence that I was doing it right and that he was really enjoying it. This is the best method of teaching I can think of. I highly recommend a class with Kim for every dog lover – you and your dog will enjoy the experiences. Sharon, USA
Kim Shotola is amazing! I have had her use her wonderful massage on my two dogs to loosen them up. The dog’s chiropractor is especially pleased when Kim massages them just prior to a chiropractic treatment as this loosens the muscles and helps the treatment last longer. Kim’s work is fantastic and I recommend her highly! Christa, USA
I wanted to thank you for helping with our 12 year old dog, Pepper. He had been limping for over 3 weeks due to a strained ligament. He had difficulty standing up and lying down and couldn’t walk very well. The massage and energy work techniques you taught us seem to help quite a bit. He really enjoys the daily treatments we give him. He isn’t limping as severely as before and he can get up and down with a lot more ease. He even runs around our house and yard, something he hasn’t done in a while. There is a sense of peace and calm that surrounds him during his treatments. Amazingly, afterwards he has the energy of a puppy. What a huge change! We are so grateful to you and are very pleased with Pepper’s progress and speedy recovery from his injury. Thank you for all you have done for our little boy. Mike & Deb, USA