Holistic care methods are complementary, not an alternative to, traditional medical and veterinary care. A holistic approach to care looks at an animal as a whole – body (physical), mind (mental and emotional) and spirit or soul (spiritual). The ultimate goal of well-being is to achieve a state of harmony and balance in body, mind and spirit.
While some health issues are a result of improper nutrition or environmental factors, it is thought that the majority of illness and disease is the result of unresolved emotional issues. And yes, animals can get stressed out just like people. Most of the holistic methods work on an energetic level, getting to the source or cause of the issue, not just the symptoms. Methods that use the body’s energy are called energy medicine, which is considered the new frontier in medicine.
What are the benefits of holistic animal care (HAC)?
Holistic care can have incredible, long-term benefits, including:
- HAC is for ALL animals of ALL ages. And what you learn can be applied to your own life.
- Most modalities are learned easily in a day or less and applied right away to help animals.
- Methods can be done in the comfort of the animal’s own environment.
- HAC can be learned from the comfort of your own home or business.
- A preventative approach saves you time, money and your animal’s well-being.
- You can strengthen your connection with animals on a true heart and soul level.
- You can help heal the animals in your care on a body, mind and spirit level.
- You know you are helping animals to live happier, healthier and longer lives.
- HAC is complementary to treatment options that holistic vets offer.
Holistic Care Modalities
There are many types of holistic methods used as complimentary medicine. All can be easily learned and we recommend having multiple modalities as treatment options. Everyone interested in holistic care should create a strong foundation with nutrition, muscle testing and animal communication. From there you will benefit from core energy techniques as a “go to resource.” Using additional energy modalities and bodywork will ensure a full selection of options to bring an animal back in balance. Click on the images below for more information on holistic animal care.