Massage is a touch technique used to maintain and improve physical and mental health. It has been practiced for thousands of years on people. In more recent years, people have realized how beneficial massage can be for animals. Massage can help prevent injuries and aid the body with healing. Animal massage causes their body to release endorphins, which are the natural chemical that relieves pain and makes them feel good. Massage is equally beneficial to older animals and those with active lives such as performance animals. This therapy is very popular with agility dogs and sport horses. Massage can strengthen the bond between you and your animal.
What are the benefits of massage therapy for animals?
Massage can help your animal’s physical and mental health by:
- Increasing circulation and eliminating toxins and wastes
- Improving joint flexibility and muscle tone
- Improving condition of skin, coat, gums, and teeth.
- Improving attitude and ability to focus, which positively affects behavior, training, and performance
Massage helps with behavior and temperament problems by:
- Gaining trust through the act of being touched
- Calming a nervous or hyper animal
- Helping shy or submissive animals feel more secure
- Relaxing aggressive or dominant animal
Massage helps recovery from injuries or chronic conditions by:
- Enabling atrophying muscles to work as they are supposed to
- Reducing recovery time from soft tissue injuries
- Providing relief from muscle soreness and spasms
- Relieving pain and discomfort associated with conditions such as arthritis and hip dysplasia.
- Consider becoming a student of our Animal Heart & Soul Learning Center and learn all about offering massage. Monthly and annual fee options. Click here to learn more about the Animal Heart & Soul Learning Center.
- Take an in person canine massage class in Livingston, MT or Houston, TX. Click here to learn more.
Join our complimentary email newsletter to learn more about holistic animal care.