Nobody wants to hear that a loved one has cancer, and that certainly includes our beloved pets.
Prevention is so important because more and more animals are turning up with cancer. It can be a hard battle and one you may lose. Cancer accounts for almost half of the deaths of pets that are over 10 years.
We always say, “Make holistic animal care a way of life and NOT a last resort.” It is important to provide your animals with as much natural and holistic care as possible their entire lives because this will help prevent cancer from being present.
These are a some things you can do now to prevent cancer:
Do your best to eliminate stress. Stress and emotional upset is the #1 cause of health issues in pets. And people too. Many scientists say that stress may cause cells to become cancerous. Most illness is created from emotional baggage that has been stuck in the energy field for so long without release that it can manifest physically into many different diseases and cancer is one.
It is important to release stress from the animal as much as you can.
- Be aware of their environment – does each animal have their own space? Are they wondering when you are returning home? Has your schedule changed? New people in the house? New animals in the house? All of these factors can cause stress. Change what you can. Tell your animal when you will return, tell them what is going on or rearrange their space if possible.
- What colors are your animal surrounded by? Consider what colors you are also putting on them like collars, halters, blankets and other clothing and accessories. Red, for instance can amplify stressful feelings and create distress. Blue and green are very calming, healing colors. Muscle test to find the best healing colors for your animals to relieve stress.
- Eliminate environmental toxins in and outside the home. Toxins in cleaning products can contribute to cancer. Herbicides and pesticides used on lawns can increase the chances of your pet getting cancer. Keep in mind that pets are closer to the ground so easier for them to have more exposure. There are natural alternatives to herbicides and pesticides such as vinegar and water in a spray bottle for weeds and sprinkling diatomaceous earth for pests.
- Don’t put their beds and bowls near a high electrical area like wi-fi. The EMF’s can affect animals, just like they can humans, especially since they are more sensitive than we are.
Feed the best diet possible. Treat each animal as an individual remembering that one pet’s needs can be different from another’s.
- You should select foods that do not have fillers or by-products.
- Know that some animals do not do well on grain or lactose in their diets. Eliminating grains from the diet is best as grains break down into sugars and sugars can feed cancer and other diseases.Some can’t handle certain proteins like chicken or lamb, which can heat up the body. Read labels because often chicken is in many foods and this can create a fat imbalance in the body when too much chicken is fed.
- Probiotics are an important part of your pet’s daily diet but many people have never even heard of them.
- Some animals are fed unnecessary supplements which can actually do more harm than good. Some pets should be on supplements and are not on any. Some who are on supplements that are ideal are not getting the proper amount to actually be effective. Muscle testing can show you what supplements and amounts are needed, along with duration.
- In order to have a healthy immune system, it is vital to feed the body properly. This means feeding the best diet that you can afford and paying attention to the ingredients. And the best way to find out what diet is right is through muscle testing.
- With a sick animal, the incorrect diet can weaken the immune system and your other efforts may not be as effective.
- Consider adding Omega 3 & Antioxidants. Omega 3 essential fatty acids have been shown to prevent the spread of cancer. Flaxseed oil provides a good source of it for dogs and horses, but should be used short term only to rid the body of disease. Salmon oil, sardine oil or krill oil is good for cats, dogs and horses, and is most effective in liquid form. Antioxidants have anti-cancer properties and can slow the growth of some cancers. Vitamins A, C, D3, E, selenium, and green tea are considered by many to be the most effective antioxidants. It is extremely important you offer the proper amounts. Muscle testing is the best way.
- Offer water other than city water to your animal. Most city water contains a good amount of additives to it such as fluoride and chlorine. Offer filtered, spring water, or good quality well water. Muscle test to see if Willard’s water would help – this naturally cultivated water keeps the body alkaline and it’s harder for disease to live in an alkaline body.
Do not over vaccinate. Vaccines can contribute to many health problems, including cancer.
- Injection site tumors are very common and vaccinating yearly weakens the immune system.
- Many vets now, especially holistic vets will pull TITERS (drawn blood sent to a lab such as Hemopet.org) to prove the animal is still immunized for that particular vaccine. Most animals are immunized for life and the TITER keeps the animal from being vaccinated when it does not need it.
- If you do have to vaccinate, offer the homeopathic remedies thuja before and afterward for infection, Lyssin if given the rabies vaccine.
- Only vaccinate with a killed virus rather than a modified live.
- NEVER vaccinate a sick or weak animal or one that has just been dewormed. This can be detrimental, even ultimately fatal.
You can take steps to help prevent cancer in your pets. You will know in your heart you are doing the best you can, and your animal will appreciate it.
Kim & Allison
Sign up for our email newsletter and get access to over 300 articles in our archives. Receive emails on classes, events and specials just for our readers.
Our gift for subscribing to our email list is a beautiful audio chakra meditation that helps to expand your intuitive abilities.