Did you know that tomorrow is National Change A Pet’s Life Day? So cool!
Let’s talk about ways you can change the lives of animals in your care.
When we think about holistic animal care or holistic modalities, most people think about using them when an animal is ill or injured, but you should think of holistic animal care as a way of life, not as a last resort!
Start your year off doing positive and engaging things with your animals, strengthening your bond and protecting their health at the same time. As they say, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” and “laughter is the best medicine.”
We have animals in our lives because they bring us laughter and joy. When we return that joy and share time together, it strengthens the bond between us and our animals, which results in a happy and healthy family.
Holistic Animal Care looks at animals on a physical (body), mental/emotional (mind) and spirit/soul (spiritual) level. This is missing from the wellness of so many animals AND humans because normally only the physical symptoms are considered and treated.
Using Holistic Animal Care (HAC) on a regular basis can keep you and your animals balanced and healthy. All of these amazing modalities are so simple to use and you have all the tools needed – your own energy!
- He discovered that energy transcends what we are thinking, saying and how we are acting toward any other living entity (everything is made up of energy).
- In his experiments, there were petri dishes filled with water that were said positive or negative words to or words were taped to the dish. The dishes were then frozen and the water was examined.
- The ones that were treated negatively did not form any crystals.
- The ones that that were treated positively, including beautiful music played to, formed amazing crystals.
- In another experiment using jars of rice, there was a third test group that was completely ignored and that jar of rice rotted before the jars that were spoken to. Animals need our positive interaction to keep them healthy and thriving. Get involved with your animals and your animals will get involved with you – see a deep and rewarding relationship evolve!
Learn to think outside the box. Get creative, be bold and have fun! Enrich you and your animal’s lives and create harmony by learning something new:
- Animal communication involves connecting your heart to the animal’s heart, which can improve your connection with them at any time in their life. You can learn to telepathically communicate with all of life. Bringing this innate ability to the surface brings about an awareness and connection with all life forms. It is amazing the information you can receive from domestic and wild animals and nature – a life-changing skill for sure!
- Muscle testing is a foundation of HAC because it is used in conjunction with other HAC methods. It’s used to determine the proper diet to feed and show you what holistic methods are the best along with their order of importance. You can muscle test topical products like shampoos, too. Learning muscle testing can help your animals and client’s animals emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- Nutrition is at the core of optimal health for your animal. If you don’t have the right diet, other holistic methods or even medications can be a temporary fix. Muscle testing can show you the best type of diet, proteins, supplements, and amounts. Keep in mind that nutrition doesn’t only affect physical health, it applies to emotional well-being. Behavioral issues can be a result of an improper diet.
- Energy work can be offered to your animals. Sit 5-10’ from your animal. On the floor is best. Tap your fingers on your thymus, which is your heart chakra, and then tap your collarbone. Rub your palms together and direct your palms towards the animal. Set your intention to offer healing energy from your hands. Watch your animals to see how they react. If they leave, keep offering but do not go after them. They have to get used to the energy. If they stay, you can move a little closer. In time, you will be able to get next to them. And don’t forget about yourself! Offer healing energy daily. You can simply place your hands on your stomach at night and intend to send energy.
- Color therapy is the easiest tool to use as far as holistic care goes. There is always a healing color that an animal can benefit from. So easy to find it, too – yep, just muscle test the best color. It can be administered by offering your animal a towel, sheet or blanket to lay on or near. Light blue is calming and light pink helps with separation anxiety. Green can help an animal to feel more grounded and yellow helps those that are ill or depressed to feel sunshine and joy. When YOU pick out a shirt to wear, notice what color it is. It is very likely that the color you selected has to do with what chakra needs balancing the most. Use caution with red as it can aggravate health conditions and behavioral issues.
- Crystal therapy can be effective because of their individual color and healing properties. Crystal beads can be placed inside a pouch that goes on your animal’s collar or halter. Amethyst and turquoise are the best general purpose healing stones because they are master healers. Crystals that are specifically selected for an animal or person can really work wonders. And how do you know which crystals are best? How do you know what is best way to offer them? (Could also be a crystal essence created with water!) You muscle test, of course!
- Flower essences work on an energetic level to get rid of unwanted emotional baggage and bring the body back to balance. The flower essences have amazing results and can be used on an animal with any issue because they are so very gentle. What’s cool is that if the physical condition is a result of an emotional issue, which is very likely, then the essences can possibly relieve or resolve the physical issue. But the real secret to having success with essences is muscle testing to create a custom blend from the 38 essences.
- Essential oils like lavender and chamomile can be relaxing. Frankincense and Helichrysum can be healing. While there are safety precautions when using oils with animals, opening up the bottle and letting an animal smell the oil is a simple way to offer aromatherapy. Use muscle testing to determine if oils should be offered in the first place. If so, a custom creation using muscle testing is very beneficial. Then you will know what method to offer the oils, which specific oils, quantity of drops of each, frequency and the duration!
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) involves tapping on acupressure points that tie into emotions and organs. Muscle testing helps to show you if EFT is needed for an animal and if so, the best way to offer it, as there are multiple methods. Normally, tapping directly on an animal is not the way to go. Often if an animal needs EFT, the pet parent needs it, too.
Empower your life and that of your animal by learning these modalities and other holistic methods. Learning is fun, simple and life changing! And when you learn how to do holistic care for animals, all of these skills apply to humans, too! And the animals would love for people to have these abilities.
If you are a professional that works with animals, think about adding these tools to your tool box. The more you can become a “one stop shop” for your clients, the more services you can offer. Knowing a variety of holistic skills can really make you stand out!
When you add holistic modalities such as these to your life, you can prevent and overcome obstacles, as well as having the satisfaction and inner joy of the fun and accomplishment you shared with the animals in your care.
Make every day an opportunity to change a pet’s life.
We’d love to help you change the lives of animals and people. Keep in mind the many educational opportunities we offer, including our new Animal Wellness Coach course 1 by distance where you can learn 8 HAC methods from the comfort of your home. Apply and register by January 31st for the special savings. Click here to learn more. And if animal communication is calling you, we have a few spots left for the February 7th teleclass with registration due by January 30th. Click here to make that connection.
We are always happy to answer questions about HAC via email or chatting.
Kim & Allison
Sign up for our email newsletter and get access to over 300 articles in our archives. Receive emails on classes, events and specials just for our readers.
Our gift for subscribing to our email list is a beautiful audio chakra meditation that helps to expand your intuitive abilities.